It isn’t necessarily hard to meet a millionaire if you know where to look, but it’s getting (and keeping) his attention that can sometimes take a little bit of extra effort. Whether you’re trying to meet a millionaire online or in person, you have to find a way to stand out and show him that you’re the woman he needs to be with.
One U.K. woman, single mom Kim Perez, set her sights on millionaire dating, because she wanted to live the kind of lifestyle she had always dreamed of and felt she deserved. But she also knew that in order to meet a millionaire, she would have to make some changes in her life. “I’d spent months changing my appearance, and even my accent, all so I would meet a rich man,” said Perez. And it worked, because not only did she meet a millionaire, but they ended up happily married.
Here are some tips from Perez’s real-life millionaire dating experience, so that you too can find the rich man of your dreams.
• Educate yourself. To improve her chances of successful millionaire dating, Perez invested in private tutoring to improve her speech and read books on proper etiquette. Rich men are usually very smart and often tend to surround themselves with people who complement their sophisticated nature. When you meet a millionaire that you’re interested in, you have to show him that you can fit into his world.
• Do your research. Find out where the best fine dining venues and high-end hotspots are in your city—these are the kind of places to meet a millionaire. Perez flipped through magazines, but most big cities have web sites with tons of information on where to go and what to see. Skip the family attractions and check out the swanky bars in the financial district, or the art galleries and auctions. And don’t be afraid to venture out of your hometown.
• Look the part. Whether it’s by updating your wardrobe or getting a new hairstyle, you want to look like the kind of woman that your millionaire man would be proud to show off to his friends and colleagues—classy and sophisticated, but still young and sexy. This might require some investment on your part, but with millionaire dating, it’ll be worth it in the end. Kim Perez scoured eBay for deals on designer clothes and accessories, so where there’s a will, there’s a way. Looking the part is important for when you first meet a millionaire, but just as important as your relationship progresses. After all, you want to meet a millionaire who’s going to stick around.
• Go online. There’s nothing wrong with using millionaire dating sites to meet someone. In fact, it’s become really popular among rich men. Perez met her rich husband through a dating site and she found that the best way to keep his attention when they first started talking was by not revealing too much about herself too fast, but rather focusing on finding out as much as she could about him. After communicating online for a while, they met in person, and the rest was history. Millionaire dating sites are just a way of meeting someone you may never have crossed paths with otherwise. With the right profile, they can be a great starting point for a new relationship. Click here for some tips on how to optimize your dating profile to meet a millionaire online.
• Ignore the critics. There are going to be people along the way who disagree with your interest in millionaire dating, but don’t let that stop you from going after what you want. After all, they’re not living your life, you are. If Kim Perez had listened to the people back home who told her that she was being “cold and calculating” for wanting to date a rich man, she would not be happily married, driving an expensive car, wearing the finest in fashion, or sporting diamonds and a Rolex. “I would recommend what I’ve done to any woman who is in a rut and really committed to pulling herself out of it,” says Perez. “Just look at my life; you could do the same.”
Pursglove, A., “How to snare a millionaire: Sick of working as a shop girl, Kim reinvented herself with the sole aim of landing a rich husband – and got one,” Daily Mail web site, February 2, 2011; http://goo.gl/LNCXmP.