If you’ve just started dating a hot older man, you’re probably still in the honeymoon phase of your relationship—you know, those first couple months into the relationship where you just can’t keep your hands off each other. Sex with your new older man is fresh and exciting. You’re both still learning about each other and about what you both like in the bedroom. Even if you’re casually dating a sugar daddy, sex will probably become part of the arrangement at some point, and there’s something pretty hot about being with a handsome, experienced older man.
Sex is a big part of any intimate relationship, age-gap or not, so it’s important to know how it affects the dynamics of your relationship in the long run.
According to a recent survey out of the U.K., the longer you’re dating your older man, the less sex you’re likely to have. Two thousand couples were surveyed, and of the ones who had been together for less than a year, 15% said that they had sex at least once a day. It might sound like a small fraction, until you compare it against couples who have been together for longer—only five percent of couples who were together for more than a year have sex every day.
Not only can the frequency of sex with your older man decrease over time, but so can your level of satisfaction. As many as 40% of the couples who were in a relationship for more than four years admitted that their sex life “could be better,” and one third said that they felt like their sex life could improve significantly if they just tried harder.
That being said, not all hope is lost in the bedroom if you’re dating a sugar daddy or if you’re in a long-term relationship with an older man. Here are some things to help keep your sex life as exciting as ever:
• Send him a sexy text while he’s at work. Tell him how excited you are to see him later, and what you plan on doing with (or to) him when you see him. If you’re feeling extra frisky, send him a naughty picture. He won’t be able to keep his hands off you when he gets home.
• Play up his senses. Blindfold your older man, or tie his hands behind his back during sex. Reducing one or two of the senses makes the others that much more sensitive.
• Talk to him about what you want in bed. If he’s doing something you like, tell him to keep doing it. If you need him to move a little to the left, speak up. He’ll be more satisfied if you are too.
• Keep an open mind about sex. If you notice that sex with your older man is dwindling, change it up by adding toys, role playing, or doing it somewhere new. Start by making subtle changes and then work your way up so that you’re both still comfortable.
• Be spontaneous. Don’t wait for nightfall or for when you’re tucked in bed to spring on your older man. Surprise your sugar daddy while he’s in the shower, or catch him while he’s reading the morning paper—tell him you were thinking about him and want him right here, right now.
Cheng, C., “Couples Report Lower Sexual Satisfaction after A Year of Dating,” Counsel & Heal web site; http://goo.gl/UnhDo, last accessed July 10, 2013.