What Men Really Think About Women Who Accept Lavish Gifts From Their Old Sugar Daddies: Part 2

Kirk even­tu­ally resur­faced and we man­aged to work things out. I was being greedy. I should have left Keith; he was a mar­ried man that would never really be mine. Mean­while, Kirk was young and he was ideal for me. I should have left Keith for Kirk the day I met him, but I didn’t.

Kirk and I went to the beach one day and as he pleaded with me to make a deci­sion, his phone started ring­ing. Kirk answered and after the per­son on the other end of the line said some­thing, he replied, “I’ll be there soon.” He imme­di­ately told me he had to go and when I asked where he was going, he quickly said, “I have a meet­ing and I for­got.” I knew he was lying and the drive back felt long, as we spoke very little.

That evening when Kirk took me home, it was awk­ward. He told me he loved me and that he would speak with me after the meet­ing. I waited and waited, but there was no phone call, and when I called him, he didn’t answer his phone. I called his mom and no one had heard from him again; his best friend hadn’t even seen or heard from him, and he didn’t know any­thing about this sup­posed meet­ing he was attending.

That night, I hardly slept. I knew he had a bad habit of going miss­ing, but I felt like some­thing was wrong. The next morn­ing, I drove to his mom’s house. She was busy clean­ing when I got there and as she saw me, she dropped the mop she had in her hand; she saw the worry on my face and thought I was there to give her bad news. Judg­ing by her expres­sion, she hadn’t heard from him. “Mom,” I asked calmly, “have you not heard from Kirk?”

No,” she replied. “After he left with you yes­ter­day, I have not heard from him.” I told her about the strange phone call and his sud­den urge to leave.

We decided that what­ever hap­pened to him must have had to do with that mys­te­ri­ous phone call. We started call­ing around hop­ing some­one would know some­thing. We must have called his phone a thou­sand times and now it wasn’t even ring­ing; it was going straight to voice­mail. I couldn’t help but break down.

That night, we reported him miss­ing. I had a friend who was a super­in­ten­dent in the police force and I begged him to call around for me. He checked police records to see if any­one fit­ting his descrip­tion was arrested or if he had been admit­ted to hos­pi­tal, but Kirk could just not be found.

Finally, after days of not sleep­ing and eat­ing, Kirk’s mom and sis­ters finally called a num­ber and the per­son said, “He doesn’t want his girl­friend to know where he is. But he’s fine.” His mother was per­fectly fine with not telling me what was going on, but his sis­ters told her that was wrong. She finally agreed to fill me in.

The fol­low­ing morn­ing, I was curled up in a ball beside the phone, eyes swollen from cry­ing for days, when the phone rang. “Hello?” I said with as much strength as I could find.

It’s me,” said his mom. “We finally got some­one that knew where he was. He’s OK.” And then I heard his sis­ter angrily shout in the back­ground, “He didn’t want you to know where he was!” I asked his mom to put me on speaker phone and I told them all to listen.

For days, I haven’t been eat­ing and I’ve been wor­ried sick about what hap­pened to him. And each time my phone rang, I dreaded answer­ing it,” I said. “I may not be per­fect, but I treated him with respect and I loved him and this is how he has repaid me?” I told them to tell him that the rela­tion­ship was over. I needed no expla­na­tions, because for him to ignore my calls and put me through all that was just mean. What­ever it was he wanted me to feel, I felt it. As I hung up the phone, I could hear them say­ing not to make rash deci­sions. But with that phone call, my rela­tion­ship with Kirk ended.